Monday, July 6, 2009

Cruisin' the Carribean

We suddenly decided to go on a cruise for our 10th anniversary (10th?!?!). So, in late April, we did a 5 night cruise in the Carribean, stopping in Key West and the Grand Cayman Islands, plus two days at sea. It was fantastic.

While in the Grand Caymans, we swam with sting rays (and kissed 'em, too!) despite the choppy waves. It was a little intimidating for me (Bonnie) since I float incredibly well so couldn't get stabilized in the chest deep swelling water. And, of course, by the time I got my bearings all the squid to feed them with were gone (stupid seagulls -- "Mine"!) But we still enjoyed our excursion to the beach and those clear, clear waters.

We also enjoyed our private balcony! I've decided that if one is looking to really escape, that's the way to do it.












It was a fantastic boat - not too big, not too small. Of course, the food was incredible! I had to try escargot and was pleasantly surprised! We had great weather throughout, but did encounter some choppier waters on the last night. Of course, that night a juggler was performing. Couldn't believe how skilled he was to handle all the extra swaying while still performing!




After the 5 day cruise, we spent an additional 4 days at a little beach cottage in Key Largo. We could snorkel and kayak anytime we wanted. We went on a glass bottom boat and got queasy, but nothing problematic.











All in all it was a wonderful trip! I'm keeping my eyes open for last minute cruise deals!

No comments: